Friday, June 21, 2013

How to attract bird to your house


Since from my childhood I was a big big and very big fan of Nature. Always I looked for getting attracted the birds to my home. Recently I shifted my home along with family to a new location. Here I found birds of different species and colors but the problem was that the density of trees in this area is very less. Hence it is very difficult to attract birds to our homes.

Then I have decided to provide artificial nest so as to improve chances of getting selected by the birds. Then I was searched for different kind of material available in my home. When I collected all those they includes number of cups, bottles, card board and thermocol.  There is no any solid thing that can be used as nest so I decided to use thermocol and make a nest.

The thermocol body is just like a box, I have made one small hole at one place through which bird can enter in the box. Then on the projection of window I place that box such that its open end faces downward and place one big brick on it so that wind cannot fly it away.

Then many days passed and at one day I saw one Indian robin wondering around my home. I saw that black bird continuously fly over my terrace. So I decided to keep watching the bird’s activity and then I knew that the Indian robin selected my thermocol box as his nest place. After that one another black bird joins him. She is his partner. Both of them continuously collected grass sticks to build nest. After some days she lays egg in it. But unfortunately due my exams, I can’t watch all those activities in those days.

Then I saw the pair continuously collecting food that means their eggs incubates and small babies were comes on the earth. But I don’t know exactly what happens.

Today I become little bit free and found 3 eggs in the nest. I think Indian robin again laid eggs.

These are white in color with black and red dots.
 
I will continuously update all my Nature friends about the activities and progress of the birds. Hope you enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. Very god job and nice post. Hope to see some more updates in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend for giving your valuable time for reading the post,
      Definitely you will see the little baby birds in future and you will bless them too.

      Delete